- Listeria Fact Sheet and Food Safety Guide
This Parent Food Safety Guide for Listeria is part of Marler Clark’s on-going effort to end the need forListeria litigation in this country. Until then, please download, print, or bookmark for quick reference.
Featured Consumer Resources
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency: Listeria
- Fact sheet on Listeria infection, including symptoms, risks, and what producers are doing to try to protect consumers.
- The Virtual Museum of Bacteria: Listeria monocytogenes
- Provides pictures of Listeria bacteria and links to other photo sources, fact sheets, lectures, and scientific sites about Listeria monocytogenes.
- Centers for Disease Control: Frequently Asked Questions about Listeria monocytogenes
- Answers questions such as: How common is Listeria monocytogenes? What sort of germ is Listeria? How is the infection diagnosed? How does food or water get contaminated with Listeria? What can be done to prevent the infection? What are public health agencies doing to prevent or control Listeria?